V London Travel Guide
What better gateway to Europe than London, a metropolis where locals speak English, and it’s fairly easy to get around? Like many European cities, modern mixes with the historic on almost every street. That is, provided you can cross the streets to explore them….
The Best of London
Having trouble figuring out what to do in London? Our writers have experienced the very best this city has to offer. So, to ensure you don’t miss any of the good stuff, they’ve compiled a “best of” list to help expedite your search for British excitement.
Inside V London
Our writers have investigated every inch of London in search of ways to travel this city as efficiently as possible. Naturally, many secrets that exist among some of London’s most prestigious attractions have surfaced, and we’re going to share them with you! Our inside tips will give you the special insight you need to get the most out of your trip to London.
Best of V London
Want to see the best London has to offer without leaving the comforts of home? Then check out our virtual tours page and witness an amazing view of some of London’s greatest attractions, such as the Houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace and many more. We’ve used the latest technology to help you become uncommonly familiar with this city before you even book a hotel room!
What was the aim We founded V London?
To provide a guide to London that was free from editorial and commercial pressures. We’re not saying that the existing ones were in bed with the establishment, but there’s definitely an element of collusion going on. We don’t talk to PRs, don’t take freebies and give honest opinions. We feel like our readers appreciate that ethical stance, because it means that they can trust us.
What’s next for V London?
We’re going to keep growing VLondon and keep getting better. We already have some pretty snippy articles but we’d also like to look at things in longer form and really dive into what makes these places so great. We have a very knowledgeable team with diverse experience, so it would be nice to put that expertise to work.
Why should consumers choose to read you over the alternatives?
Because we’re real VLondon. We don’t take backhands, we don’t take free meals or bow to pressure from big groups. If you read about something being great on our site, it’s because it truly is, not because we’ve been encouraged to say that. Likewise, when we pan something it really does deserve it.
Well, we’re not quite there just yet! Soon, hopefully but the market is always very tricky to read. Sometimes it looks like you’re going to be the king but then support drops off and you don’t even have a minor claim to the throne. Even once you’re on it, there’s every chance that you’ll be deposed. This is starting to sound a bit like a certain HBO drama, but you get the point!
Even so, we’ve enjoyed success so far because we saw a gap in the market and filled it. Finding that niche is a huge part of starting up a new business in a saturated city, and once we had a foothold we were able to challenge in some of the more established areas.
London – A city with its own specialty
Knowing about London:
London being the capital of England is one of the popular tourist destinations of the world. It’s a beautiful city which is built along River Thames. The city was founded by Romans in second century period. London was the largest city in world till 1925. The first urban rail network was established in London. The first festival of Britain was celebrated in year 1951. Since 1940, London is attracting large number of migrants from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Jamaica. This made London a diverse city in Europe. London has total geographical area of 1,583 square kilometers. If you are planning to take a trip to London this season then it is important at your end to take a tour to the history of this place and
London various features
Today, London is a global city with strengths in art, education, entertainment, healthcare, fashion, finance and professional services. The climate of London is temperate oceanic climate.
The major developments and attractions of London which are important to know about London:
- London has very diverse architecture. The public buildings of London are constructed from Portland stone. The buildings in city have wide variety of styles. The notable modern buildings are – City Hall in Southwark, British Library in Somers Town, British Museum and Millennium Dome situated next to Thames. London has twelve skyscrapers and Sharp London Bridge is the tallest building which is 310 meters high.
- London has very beautifully designed parks and gardens. The royal Parks of London includes Hyde Park, Kensington gardens and regent’s park. Regent’s park has the oldest scientific London zoo. London has numerous other smaller parks also which make the city green and beautiful.
- London’s transport structure is very strong. It has very organized, railway, air and road transport management. Public transport in London comprises of underground rail network, buses and trams. It has largest airspace in the world and Heathrow Airport is known as international hub of air transport. Cycling is very popular in London as it is cheaper and quicker way to move around the towns in London.
- London is a big tourist destination. It has beautiful tourist locations like London eye, British Museum, Tate Modern, National History Museum, Science Museum, Tower of London, Madame Tussaudas and National Maritime Museum. Tourism is one of the prime industry is London. Every year, the city attracts fourteen million international tourists.
- Education system of London is known for its best professional courses. Students from around the world choose London universities for higher education. It has famous universities like Oxford University, Imperial College of London, King’s College London and London School of Economics. The primary and secondary schools in London are controlled by London Boroughs.
- London’s leisure and entertainment has very strong structure. It is also a cause of attracting tourists in the city. Piccadilly Circus is a famous place due to its giant electronic advertisements. The Royal Ballet, Royal Opera, English National Opera, London Coliseum are the popular areas for entertainment.
London is a hub for tourism, education and heritage. The city is beautifully designed and maintained. People of London are also very warm and their hospitality is world famous.